Tuesday, April 9, 2013

More Beer and More Cheese


On the morning of Friday, March 22 we all headed to Bruges, a small town Northwest of Brussels.

Bruges was a tiny little storybook town. I kept thinking that if Brussels is Rome then Bruges is definitely Verona. I loved walking around the town and just watching everyone ride their bicycles and being cute little fairytale people.





We walked around historic Bruges, again with the help of Mr. Rick Steves. One of the coolest things we did in Bruges was visit the Basilica of the Holy Blood. Inside there is a venerated relic of the blood of Christ, which we were able to see. I’ve never actually seen a relic before, and thought it was amazing to be there.

Outside Basilica of Holy Blood

Other Bruges highlights include the brewery tour that made us all a little too loopy, the absolutely freezing walk to the windmills, and the time that Mark drooled chocolate everywhere. And all the cheese and beer. Whenever you stop for beer you have to get cheese.





Oh, and the street signs were all so easy to read. 


Despite the cold weather visiting Belgium was one of my favorite trips I’ve taken so far. I know it had a lot to do with the who I was there with. I’ve never laughed so much in one weekend – we had such a great time together and I am so lucky that the four of us had that experience together.

No comments:

Post a Comment