Monday, January 28, 2013

Catching Up

This past week was full of excitement and yummy food - just as life should be.

On Tuesday we all had the opportunity to participate in an Italian cooking class. It was held by the owner of a restaurant that we had eaten at the first week we were in Verona. While there, we made homemade tomato sauce, homemade noodles, ricotta-stuffed zucchini and grilled eggplant filled with meat and cheese. If your mouth isn't watering yet then I am not doing this meal justice.

The table all set up for us!






I got to help stir the sauce! Clearly feeling really proud of myself here.



Putting the dough through the noodle-maker
(that's a technical term)


                   Zucchini and Eggplant                             Homemade pasta and noodles




Sippin' on vino and enjoying our meal! 



There was something about tasting the freshly-made noodles that made the meal all the more satisfying (at least more satisfying than the grilled cheeses I make myself on a regular basis here).

I really enjoyed learning how to make all the different foods and would love to try out some of these recipes once I'm home!

If you're wondering what it looks like when 25 Americans try to make an Italian dinner, here it is!



Then on Saturday I had another amazing experience. We got the chance to ski in the Italian Alps! 

The group was split into beginner and advanced sections, and although I've skied before I put myself in the beginner group. In hindsight, I would've been better off creating my own little intermediate group. But I got to be in the Alps, so no complaining here. 

After a late lunch of pasta with bolognese sauce and french fries (they really know the way to my heart) we piled on to the bus sore, tired and in awe of the sights around us. 


The beautiful view from the hill


Some of the girls! 
(I'm in the back row, third from the left)



I enjoyed my lazy Sunday yesterday, because starting this Saturday I have trips planned for every weekend until I head home! It's going to be exhausting but I'm ready to take on Europe! 




No comments:

Post a Comment