Thursday, January 10, 2013

Where in the World am I?

I thought it would be a good idea to show you exactly where I am in this world.

Here is a map of Italy, and I'm up there in Verona. Rome is about 315 miles away to give you an idea of how big the country is.




I know this picture is hard to see, but this is a map of Verona. My apartment is the red circle on the left. The purple dot is our school, Idea Verona which is just under a 10 minute walk. The big blue circle is Piazza Bra, one of the central town areas.



The bending river surrounding the city means that there are a number of beautiful bridges to walk across. It also means that all the bridges look the same and you can sometimes cross the same river three times before you figure out that you're going the wrong way (I've heard that's possible).

Verona is home to about 265,000 people. While it has always historically been an important town, it gained a notable amount of fame from Shakespeare, as it is the setting to such plays as Romeo and Juliet and Two Gentlemen of Verona.  

The city is basically tourist-free throughout the week which makes it feel more like home than vacation, which we all really like. I am truly loving living in this beautiful place. 

Ciao! 



No comments:

Post a Comment