Saturday, January 12, 2013

Visitors, Chocolate and Roommates, Oh My!

I have officially been in Italy for over a week now. In some ways it feels like we just got here and in other ways it seems like we've been here forever. Ether way, it's still completely surreal.

We now have a full week of classes under our belts and I think I'm really going to like all of them. In painting we started preparing our canvases and chose a picture we wanted to paint this semester. Here's to hoping I have any artistic talent!

On Friday after class Kristin, Chelsea and I had a special visitor! Our friend Reigan (and one of my amazing roomies for next semester!) came to visit for the day. They live in Holland and were taking a little vacation in Venice and decided to make a day trip to Verona.

It was so fun to show them around and really made it feel like it was our city - we knew facts about different buildings and were able to take them to the popular sight-seeing places. We walked around, had a chance to catch up, and had some wonderful tea!



My beautiful Reigan! 


Yummy tea 
(may or may not have pocketed some tea for the apartment)


This weekend in Verona there is a chocolate festival taking place! Believe me when I say that it is just as good as it sounds. 






Eating chocolate fondue over fresh strawberries! 





With my beautiful roommates at the chocolate festival! 
(Sarah, Lisa and Cecille)

While at the chocolate festival, we saw a huge table set up where they were attempting to make the world's longest chocolate bar (we think). There were TV cameras and a DJ with an announcer, and people constantly rushing melted chocolate to the table. We couldn't understand what was going on/see anything over the crowd of people so I'm sorry to say that I cannot tell you if the world's largest candy bar was made today. 


After a day of chocolate, we went grocery shopping and made an amazing dinner together. 








Chicken with basil topped with tomatoes and mozzarella, pasta with butter and oil and salad. 
And wine.


Tomorrow our program is taking a trip to Bolzano, which is a town that is about an hour and a half away. I can't wait to see another part of Italy! 

Buonanotte! 





No comments:

Post a Comment