Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Paris Round 2


I never thought I’d be able to say I’d been to Paris twice in one semester – but I can! When my mom was planning her trip to come visit me she talked to her good friend Erika who lives in a town in southern France.  Mom decided to make sure to see Erika while she was here, so while I was in Portugal mom was with Erika in France!

Once Steph left on Sunday I took a plane to Paris to meet Erika and Mom and we stayed there for a few days doing some sight seeing. Although I had already been for a weekend, Paris was just as captivating and fun as the first time around!

I saw a lot of the main sights again, but traveling around with Erika was different because we got a local point of view on everything we did.

I also got to climb to the top of Notre Dame and the Arc di Triomphe, which I didn’t do last time! The views from up there were spectacular and it made you feel like you were watching a movie set in Paris, when at the beginning they show scenes of the city and landmarks.

On top of Notre Dame with Mommy

View from Notre Dame


Mom, Erika and I on top of the Arc di Triomphe

I also really enjoyed the time we spent at Sacre Couer. Last time we simply saw the church and checked out the great view. However, Erika took us behind the church where we found this adorable neighborhood with a whole square filled with artists painting and selling their work. It was such a different feel than I’d seen in the city and I loved that there was something so close to where I had been before although I’d never seen it.


On Tuesday I met up with my friend Reigan, who is studying in Paris! We met at Lauderee to get macaroons because I couldn’t leave without trying some again. It’s a little strange to me how normal it feels to see all of my best friends in other countries. I think I’m getting a little too used to this whole traveling around Europe thing.


Paris was so much fun because I got to see it all with my mom, who had never been there before. I was so incredibly happy to see her and was glad we got to spend some time there together.

It was also nice to see “My Erika,” who was always there while I was growing up and is so much fun to be around. I definitely had fun watching my mom and Erika hang out. It was like the time that had passed since Erika moved to France had never happened and they picked up right where they left out. It was pretty inspiring to see a friendship like that, which cannot be stopped by years, countries or oceans!
Still best friends

No comments:

Post a Comment