Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Showing Off My City


On Monday and Tuesday (the 11th and 12th) I got to show Steph around Verona! It’s so much fun having someone to show off to and really made me realize how proud I am of Verona.

On Monday we did a lot of walking and looking. I also took her to Juliet’s house and we went inside the museum there, which was the first time I’d done that!

The museum had some really interesting items, like the bed that was used in the original 1968 film. We also got to stand out on Juliet’s balcony, which was pretty exciting.

On Tuesday we met up with Maggie and planned on having a picnic at the top of a hill with a great view. However, we got sidetracked by a cute little restaurant with a terrace looking over the river and decided to eat there instead. The PB&J sandwiches in my purse would be eaten later that day.

After eating we really did walk up the hill and spent some time goofing around and taking in the sights of Verona. I realized that is why I love this city so much. There is no Eiffel Tower or Coliseum to rush to, but there are still some amazing things to see. You can spend time truly soaking in the culture and your surroundings while touring Verona.  

No comments:

Post a Comment